- Personal Intros
- Goals and Success
- Year and Major
- Current show you are binge watching?
- Favorite place to eat in LA?
- Favorite sports team or musician or hobby?
This is the most important document in any class. It is the agreed upon rules and regulations (contract) that will govern the course. Please read carefully.
- Motivate and excite you about finance.
- Make sure you leave with a general understanding of finance.
- Help you achieve personal and professional goals (extending beyond this class).
- Make sure you learn (not memorize) the material.
- Play a role in getting you a job.
- To learn (understand) finance
- Become financially literate
- Be prepared for upper-level finance courses
- Decide your level of interest in a finance major
- Get a good grade (pass)
What is Success?
- How much you learn? Your grade? Switch to finance? Job?
- Success is... meeting our goals.
Keys to Success
- See Syllabus "Tips to Perform Well"
- In general...
- Come to class on time and prepared.
- Participate. If you do not understand stop me and ask.
- Do not wait until the last minute!
- Make your own notes. Writing helps with retention.
- Use resources available to you
- Most importantly...